Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Useful information when you visit Thirunangur divya desams.

You certainly need a guide to visit Thirunangur divya desams.


10 days ago, I visited all the 11 divya desams in and around Thirunangur. The darisanam was possible only because of a small boy named Kumar who resides in Annan Kiol, one of the 11 divya desams. I have given his photo below.

When I arrived at Annan Koil by 7.15 AM, he immediately asked me if I intend to visit all the 11 temples and if so, he can serve as a guide. I was not impressed by shabbily dressed appearance. When I asked Sri. Madhava Bhattar (9489856554), he gave his approval and I can pay him Rs.200 plus.

Trust me, the 11 temples are scattered in remote villages and you just cannot visit all of them in time if you are not accompanied by a local guide. My guide quickly called several bhattars in other temples and told them of our impending visit. If that is done, you may only end up in seeing the closed doors.

In fact, in spite of his calls, we found the door closed at Thirumani mada koil. He requested the care taker to open the doors and we had a memorable darshan of sri. Badrinarayanan who occuoied the full sannidhi. Thirumangai Azhwar's pasuram for this Nara Narayanan starrts with "Nandha Vilakke..."

Kuamr's mobile number is 9750798325.  Please call him at least two days in advance.

In addition, please buy flowers for all the temples at either Mayavaram or Sirkazhi. You will not get anything in front of the temples. Do not forget to pack your breakfast too so that you can eat either on the way or stop at some place to eat.

You can hire the services of Vijaya Cabs at Mayavaram. I was provided with an excellent driver named Raja and the airconditioning in the car was just too good. Mobile number of Vijaya Cabs: 9786791231, 9487317314  Contact person: Mr.Chandrasekar Iyer

If you can arrive at Annan Koil (Thiruvellakkulam) at 7.15 AM, you can visit all the 11 Thirunangur divya desams plus Thalaichanga Nanmathiyam before 2 PM.

Kumar-guide to Thirunangur temples


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment